Cross posted from Stiknstein…has no mercy
Can you expect meaningful legislation from a Californian Republican?……..NOPE!
Does it stand a chance?………….who knows?…….The Democrats have promised that all bills would be brought up and fairly debated. Just what this means is anybody’s guess. But what is in this bill worth debating?
On it’s surface, the package doesn’t seem too bad……Tho when you look a little deeper the smoke and mirrors become pretty obvious…….Just more of the same B.S. Congress has been handing us.
HERE’S WHAT HIS PROPOSED PACKAGE CONTAINS:
Source Simi Valley Acorn
1) The Identity Theft Notification Act of 2007 would require the Social Security Administration to investigate if it receives W-2 forms with the same Social Security number but different addresses. THEN…..If the Social Security Administration finds evidence of fraudulent activity, it is required to notify both the Department of Homeland Security and the legal possessor of the Social Security number.
(NOTIFY HOMELAND SECURITY)
2) The Employment Eligibility Verification and Anti-Identity Theft Act would require workers to resolve discrepancies if their names and Social Security numbers do not match. Employers would have to terminate workers who do not resolve discrepancies. THEN…..The Social Security Administration also would be required to notify the Department of Homeland Security so it can investigate whether a crime has been committed.
(NOTIFY HOMELAND SECURITY)
3) The Citizenship Reform Act of 2007 would bring U.S. laws into line with virtually every other nation by requiring that at least one parent be a citizen or permanent resident for a child to automatically become a citizen.
4)Under current law, an illegal immigrant who leaves the country faces a bar of up to three years if he has been in the country illegally for more than six months and a 10-year bar if he has been here illegally for more than a year.
However, if an illegal immigrant never leaves the country but applies to adjust his status, he faces no reentry prohibitions. The proposed legislation provides that all illegal immigrants face the same penalty, even if they are eligible for a change in status.
5) A bill that would make it a felony, with a mandatory one-year jail sentence, for illegal immigrants to agree to leave and then either fail to leave or return illegally.
6) The sixth bill would make it a felony, with a mandatory one-year jail sentence, when illegal immigrants ignore the law and refuse to appear in court when ordered.
STIKS ASSESSMENT?……THIS IS A CROCK AND SO FULL OF HOLES IT WILL DO NOTHING BUT PAVE THE WAY FOR MILLIONS MORE ILLEGAL ALIENS TO BUM RUSH OUR BORDERS! It fails to address the key illegal immigration issues necessary for successful policy. In other words…………..MORE B.S.
FIRST………”REPORTING AN IMMIGRATION CRIME TO HOMELAND SECURITY IS ABOUT THE BIGGEST JOKE IN TOWN.
I challenge anybody to look you straight in the eye and tell you that Chertoff gives a hoot about stopping illegal immigration. WE HAVE MOST OF THESE LAWS NOW AND HOMELAND SECURITY JUST IGNORES THEM. Tho if you wanted to increase penalties for BORDER AGENTS TRYING TO ACTUALLY ENFORCE OUR LAWS…….they would be right with you.
SECOND……..There’s also no mention anywhere about border security, and most of all…….NO PENALTIES OF ANY KIND FOR THE CROOKS WHO CONTINUE TO HIRE ILLEGAL ALIENS WITH IMPUNITY.
The only proposal worthy of discussion is the section on Anchor Babies…..but Bush and Congress wants to grant Amnesty and make 13 million illegal aliens citizens automatically.
To “REQUIRE” ONE PARENT TO BE A CITIZEN” means nothing if you are going to wave a wand and allow 13 million of ‘em to become citizens……..
Any illegal immigration legislation that will make millions of lawbreakers citizens is a cop out.
We will be seeing a lot of junk like this in the coming months. The Republicans (with few exceptions) want to appear tough on illegal immigration, but they’re not walking the walk.
This is the same kind of toothless Non-Legislation that we have been passing for years.
Any immigration “PACKAGE” must contain the following:
- Secure the border by any means necessary. This includes the Military.
- Stiff penalties for employers, which are actually enforced.
- No taxpayer funded programs for illegals or their families.
(including school for children of illegals and non-emergency medical
care for any illegal)
- No “Anchor Babies” (no automatic citizenship for children of
illegals born in the US)
- No path to Citizenship in any name or form for those here illegally.
- No Guest worker program until the above measures are put in place
and the need can be PROVEN
- English only education and the official language of the USA
NOW……………..is that so hard?
This was a production of The
Coalition Against Illegal Immigration (CAII).
If you would like to
participate, please go to the above link to learn more. Afterwards, email the coalition…. brianbonner90-at-gmail-dot-com……and let
me know at what level you would like to participate.